Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sayings by Jaden.......


Jaden says,"Mom I don't want another rewind even though it was an accident."
Translation: I don't want another rear end accident.

Jaden says, "Mom since I'm reading good I can probably read the Book of Norman."
Translation: I can probably read the Book of Mormon.

Jaden says, "There's two black American's in my class at school." Dad says, "What about Italee?" Jaden says, "Mmmm, she's kinda peach."
Translation: Not sure. But Italee is a lighter skin black girl?

So Jake asks me today, "How many penguins are eaten by polar bears?" My reply, "I don't know alot." Answer: None, penguins live in different areas, one is in the South pole and one is in the North pole. I said, oh tricky question why don't you ask Jaden just for fun. So he asked Jaden the same question, and Jaden says, "Oh none because penguins and polar bears don't live in the same place." I said did you set me up for this. Did you boys already plan the answer together. Jaden says, "No mom dad didn't tell me the answer I learned it at school." Boy did mom feel stupid.

Jaden asks mom and his aunt at the same time, "Is a pumpkin a fruit?" His aunt's response, "Umm, ya, ya because it has seeds, and pumpkins have seeds." Moms reply, "Well I think it can be part of the fruit family or vegetable family but I think I'm going with vegetable." Jaden says, "No, it's a gourd!"

Our friends Phil and Kristen (Phil and Jake met at SCUHS) invited us up to Lake Arrowhead for an overnight stay along with some other friends Walter and Rachel (who weren't able to make it but missed out on a great get away). So after our trip Jaden asks, "Mom why do I have to wait until I'm eight to spend the night at a friends house." Mom's reply, "Because I think that is a good age to be spending the night with friends." Jaden's reply, "But then why did you let me spend the night with my friend Phil at Lake Arrowhead?"

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Kids say such funny things, I love to watch them learn - he is getting so big! That pic is darling!

Amber said...

I can't believe he knew the penguin thing...I wouldn't have had any idea.

Kara said...

I love the things kids say. Jayden has gotten so big. Thanks for coming to see my blog so I can check on you. We miss you guys so much!