Friday, January 25, 2008

Only in Kindergarten


So I picked Jaden up from school and as always we were getting ready to cross the street. But before the cross guard gave us the signal to cross, Jaden leaned over to me and says, "Mom can you wait here while I cross the street with the kids." First of all, Jaden didn't even know the group of the kids that were crossing the street, and secondly when was it not cool for me to cross the street with him and the rest of the kids. So my response to his question was, "Uh, no I'm going to cross the street with you." Well while we were crossing he made sure that he was several steps in front of me almost trying to camouflage himself among the other kids that were also crossing the street. During this time I was thinking to myself. Does he not want to cross the street with me because I'm in my sweats and my hair is pulled back, no makeup, just looking like I have been lounging around the house all day? I kept thinking my Jaden is only in Kindergarten and I'm a cool mom why wouldn't he want to cross the street with me like he always does. This incident took me by surprise. I'm holding on to his youth and hope that this question will not come again any time soon.

3 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Oh no! How does he know to even worry about that???

Mrs. Olsen said...

And, you are a cool mom! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you're cool Laura. Tell you what, just have Jaden tell his friends that you go wakeboarding all the time. That will make Jaden the coolest kid at school. Oh, and I didn't see any mention about the guy operating the vessel when you went wakeboarding. Thats okay, you can add that later. =)