Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My First Blog


So I'm finally doing it. After friends and family telling me that I should blog, and after reading alot of my friends blogs over the holiday I really felt that I should get in with the times and start one also. Hopefully my blog is as inspiring, funny, and informative as many of yours are.
Over the Christmas break we went to Utah and spent time with Jake's and Laura's family. We weren't use to the cold but we seemed to manage. Here is a picture of Jaden all bundled up ready to play in the snow. Can you tell we are Californians? During our stay in Utah we dressed more like we were visiting Antarctica.

We were fortunate enough to spend one of our days at Alta Ski resort. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as good as we planned, but we still got a few runs in. Posted are a couple of pictures of our ski day.





For those that don't know, our oldest turned 6 on December 19th. Jake's mom was thoughtful and threw Jaden a great birthday party during our visit. Cousins, aunts, and uncles all came over to celebrate this exciting day. I can't believe my Jaden is already 6. Where does the time go? Here is a great picture of my boy posing in front of the camera with me. What a cutie he is.









I also had a great time spending time with my sister Maria in Utah. She's been away for the
last 3 years so it was nice being with her in Utah and she was a great helper in navigating us
through the snowstorm as we were trying to make our way to our Uncles on Christmas Eve. It was during this snowy drive that Maria and I both were thinking how nice it is to live in California where it only snows in the Mountains.











Well this blogging session is coming to an end. We appreciated being with the family and hope to see everyone sooner than later.





Owen ready for a car ride.





Jaden posing for the camera.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so happy you have a blog - yippee - looks very cute!

Bacons-Bits said...

Laura, you have the cutest family. I am so looking forward to seeing more of all of you through your blog!

Bacons-Bits said...

by the way...I love the blog address!

The Gumina Family said...

You and Maria are ridiculously Gorgeous!!!!