Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lose Screws

This picture of Owen describes us all at Target.


In all sense of the word I do at times have a few lose screws (hence our blog title). I made a shopping trip to Target with both of the boys and of course the shopping took longer than if I was alone. During check out Jaden was begging for a slurpy, candy, gum (pretty much anything in his eyes view) and Owen was whiny so I tried giving him his sippy cup, and snacks to hold him over. Mind you at the same time I was:


  • Telling Jaden "No, no, no." to everything he was holding up and wanting me to buy for him.
  • I was trying to see all the scanned items going through the check out stand making sure the price was the amount I was anticipating.
  • Trying to get my money ready to pay for the items being checked out.
Needless to say I was multi-tasking as always. By the time I paid for my merchandise I was ALL flustered and irritated. I paid for my items and jetted out of the Target doors. Of course during all the hustling and bustling I left my purchased items at the store. Where is my mind? Whoever pays for something and forgets to walk out of the store with it? More times than not I would rather shop without the kids but better to leave my purchased items behind than one of my boys........

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Shopping with kids really is never a fun thing - we ALWAYS end up with a lot of extras when ever we all go shopping just to keep them quiet

Kara said...

I done that way to many times. Shopping with kids sucks! I always put myself into that situation.