Thursday, April 10, 2008

Domestic

Well I finally attempted to use the sewing machine and made some hooded baby bath towels. Thanks to my mom (the professional) guided me through and taught me how to use the sewing machine and how to make the towels. I didn't do such a bad job on my first domestic project. For those that know me, this was quite an undertaking. I am not crafty so this was really stretching myself. I have to say I had fun using the sewing machine and these towels make good baby gifts.

Owen trying on the hood for size. He had fun running around with the hood on his head.
Jaden trying on the finished product. This one I made larger for his size.
This is the little girl towel. Jaden is modeling the final product.
I added the yellow trim on this hood. Something simple but adds color. Jake was so proud of me for challenging myself and for finally making something crafty. For some reason he really wanted me to learn to use the sewing machine. Often times I've had to tell him that some things are just cheaper to buy than make, right?

5 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

I think those turned out so cute! I've been thinking of trying to make them myself, but haven't yet. Did you add the picture/patches to the towels or did you buy them like that? And you're right, I think it really is usally cheaper to just buy something.

Amber said...

Wow good job, they look great!

Wendy said...

Hey Laura! How fun to be able to keep up on your life through your blog. Your family is so cute and you look really good! It was really fun to see Robyn. She's so great and is exactly the same. Wendy

Jessica said...

Those are so cute - way to go, you are a pro on your first attempt! I am impressed

Bacons-Bits said...

Great job on the towels! I haven't visited your blog in awhile, I loved catching up on the pictures, your kids are so cute, it's time for you to have another one!!! Have you come to Utah yet? Did I miss you?